Proac vs. Meadowlark

I'm interested to know if anyone has listened to both brands. Plan on using them with a all tube system. I'm more interested in two-way speakers.

impressions?
kt_88
Go with the Shearwater. I am not convinced about the new Meadowlarks yet. They are a different sound and I need to listen to them more. They still out perform many more expensive speakers. But my old ears do not want to change too much.

Although you narrowed the field down to these two brands, try and listen to Silverline.
Cellorover,

Just when I get it down to 2 different speakers, you through another name at me :)

Silverline? hmmm... I'm assuming they are similar to the two I am interested in?
I’ve owned Meadowlarks (Kestrel HR), and upgraded to ProAc (1.5, then 2.5), for what that’s worth. I believe Meadowlark to be one of the best choices out there all things considered, however, to my ears mid range clarity and detail is significantly better with the ProAc. I’ve also heard Shearwaters and the new Swift. I paid A LOT more money to get a little better finesse, but to me it was worth it. I also spent a good bit of quality listening time with the Silverline SR17’s before finally purchasing ProAc 1SC’s for my second system. Silverline makes a great speaker as well. Considering I had a sub for the second (smaller) system, I chose the ProAc because they imaged a bit better and had a little more air. Hope this helps…
RG is on target with his assessment. I gave my ProAcs (1SC) up due to fatigue. They are great but they also became bright sounding. I also found the 1 SC better than the 1.5 and 2.5 both were bass heavy to me and did not have that ProAc magic. (And the controversy begins.) Do not get me wrong because the 1 SC are one of my favorites.

I switched over to Penaudio from Finland. More expensive but worth it. Imaging ++++. Detail and accurate and musical!!! These are one of the best new speakers to hit the market. Silverline has several models to listen to. But since we are making alternative suggestions, you can also listen to Legend.

Isn't this what it's all about? Opinions and Options. KT 88 call me if you want to go over other options.
Rg,

You bring up a interesting point about the Proac. Maybe a bit more in the mids, but I don't want to get a sub. Besides, the 1SC does retail for $500 dollars more than the Kestrel, it should be a bit better :) But I think I will focus on the Meadowlark Shearwater used. In fact I started a want add for a pair, in case anyone has a pair that is reading this thread?

After saying all that. I will admit I would gladly listen to the 1SC if I could find someone near me that had a pair close to me.

Cellorver, you sound like your loaded with info! Maybe if I can't get a good deal on the Shearwater's I send you a private e-mail!

thanks!