Proac K6 Signature, Sonus Faber Amati Tradition,Verity Audio Amadis, Kharma DB-9

...if you were me and you played rock and roll like the Stones, the Allman Brothers, John Mellencamp but also played singer songwriters like ; Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Brown, Waylon Jennings, Josh Ritter but also loved jazz like Pat Methaney, Return to Forever, Cannonball Adderley. In a room that is 16 wide and 30 deep with cathedral ceilings and all Accuphase separates with the amp being a 60 watt pure class A design …...which one would pick ?  I have narrowed it down to those 4 brands  - don't care what you have or had just anybody's thoughts on those 4 Particular speakers. Thank you and stay well and safe out there !         
garebear

I have had the Verity Audio Arindal in my system since yesterday. They are spectacular - very musically engaging, detailed, and transparent with a livelier sound than the Verity Audio Parsifal Ovation and with a bigger more expansive soundstage. They are more sensitive than the Parsifals (93 vs. 89 dB) which could partly explain their livelier sound. They also have very few hours on them and need to break in.

Apparently only around 65-70 pairs were made sine the Arindal was launched in 2022, and so they are a unique speaker. They are the successor to the Amadis.

I am very pleased with this purchase and plan to enjoy them for many years to come. This is a speaker for music lovers, and Verity Audio has left an incredible legacy for music lovers.

……hello Totonto416 and agree with you 110%. I am still angry that I looked at many brands and the ones that I noted that are still open for business. I visited Verity in June of last year and the distributor never knew anything about their future plans . The value of these Verity’s have tanked and will be difficult to sell. However, I am glad that you are enjoying them as they are good …..real good. I hope that I haven’t rained on your musical experience but it doesn’t sound like I have and I am glad. I guess that I am still upset over the money that I did spend on the Verity’s only to have them close 9 months later . 

@garebear 

If you lose money on them that will be all on you. If you love them, keep them. The chances of catastrophic failure are miniscule. Even if something did go wrong, like a driver failure, it is probably replaceable. I'm still not sure of your reason for wanting to get rid of them. Could it be that you don't like the idea of owning a speaker by a defunct company just because they are defunct?

People collect vintage cars, camera equipment, and audio gear from companies that are no longer in business - yet those items are prized and sought after.

Verity was a small company with 5 to 8 employees in addition to the owner and CEO.  They made high quality speakers that were built to last and were aimed at music lovers.  They were not a high volume producer but more of an artisanal workshop.  Their two founders, - Julien and Bruno - are very knowledgeable and passionate about music reproduction.  Anyone who has spent time with them will tell you that they are true gentlemen.  They were very dedicated to making high quality speakers and left us with a tremendous legacy.  That they closed is sad and a loss to the audio world, but it does not diminish the value of what they have achieved and created.  Those of us who own and appreciate their speakers know that we have something special.  

Musicians such as Keith Jarrett,  Norah Jones and David Chesky have owned Verity speakers.  Chesky Records has used Verity Parsifal's as their reference speakers for many years.  

I will enjoy my Verity Audio Parsifal and Arindal speakers for many years to come.  Let the music play!

@toronto416 

I didn't know that information about the company, thanks. I also agree with your comments about their value despite the company having closed.