Primare I30 and B&W 803D, enough power??

I am putting together a new system, going with a set of 803Ds bought from another audiogoner, and I am now looking into a integrated amp or separates, looking to spend around 1500-2000. I am reading very good reviews of the I30, but, on the other hand, many people mention that the 800 series are "power hungry" and many suggest 400 watt monoblocks for them....despite having a 90db sensitivity. Will I be fine with 100 watts (180 @ 4 ohms) for them? I am not looking to get ear bleeding levels, I dont crank it up since I live on an apartment and listening room is only 20 m2. My other idea is to go with some rotel power amps (1080 or 1090) but I think that the Primare will be in another league, sonically speaking.
Thanks in advance
demianm

Showing 2 responses by lewinskih01

Demianm: 20m2 is a rather smallish listening room. I hope your 303D aren't too big for it. Are you planning to accoustically treat the room? I suggest you look into that.

I'm not familiar with the I30, but owned Rotel RB1080 and B&W 804S, so similar but smaller and with the aluminum tweeter. I didn't like the trebble of that combo and replaced it for a 2 x 75 W tube amp (McIntosh MC275) and love the combo. Yet I'm experimenting with active biamping.

So will the I30 drive the 803D? Yes, no question. Will you be getting all the speakers can deliver? Likely not. Maybe you go step by step.
Demianm,

In light of what is being said here, including your preference for integrateds, may I suggest you wait until you save more and get a large McIntosh or Classe integrated? these two brands are generally considered good matches with B&W (I own McIntosh with my 804). They will be WAY better than the RB1080 (which I used to own with the 804). You speakers deserve good amplification!