Primaluna EVO 400 Amps/Preamp lacking bass impact

We have Primaluna EVO 400 preamp with 2 EVO 400 amps running monoblock. Focal Kanta No3 speakers. 

We were hoping for a bit more bass impact. rolling the tubes in both amps might be out of the range we would invest here. 

Mostly music but sometimes used in HT setup with SVS SB-4000 sub. since the sub has full bass management we could add that leaving the Focal full range and setting the sub for 50hz/24db. 

As long as it is okay to have both balanced and SE outputs from the preamp hooked up at the same time? always wondered about that. 

stobbe

I concur on speaker positioning. Even a few inches away from the wall can make a world of difference. I too have Kanta 3s and it took a lot of experimenting to nail it.

how far from the wall did you end up with?

both switchers are a great idea. SVS told me just to use a Y adapter from preamp SE out- 2 male RCA to one female and run that to R Line-in and keep the LFE on the L line in (either way actually) then just setup a 2 profiles on the sub. 

I have PrimaLuna Mono’s mated to a Dennis Had Inspire preamplifier. I have tons of bass, even while driving Electrostatics. I have no idea why you don’t. My thinking is, the issue isn’t the Mono’s!

…lacking bass impact…

just to be clear, is the OP looking for more bass energy or a tighter bass definition?