PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Preamplifier. DESTROYS SPEAKERS!!

A few months ago, bought TWO of the above mentioned preamps. ( I have 2 stereo systems)
Within 6 weeks of the purchase, the power supply of my speakers burns out!
I purchase and replace the power supply.
Three days later, the second newly replaced power supply is burnt out!
After much investigative work and heartache, I discover that the Pre amp is the problem.
It is defective and puts out DC. which burns out speakers.
After, testing the second unit, I find that it is defective as well, EXACTLY the same problem.
I return the units to my dealer, who returns them to Prima Lune.

I received a phone call from a Mr. Kevin Deal, big cheese at PrimaLuna.
Told me that the capacitors, on BOTH units had failed and the units were putting out DC.
He even THANKED me, for being a guinea pig, and discovering the flaw in his units.

He offered me a pair of tubes, as "compensation" for my troubles!! What a joker!!

WOW, a pair of tubes for blowing my $30,000. speakers!!

The height of arrogance and total disregard for the consumer of his product.
To all audiophiles, do yourself a favour, STAY AWAY for this brand, unless you want your speakers cooked.

TOTAL lack of quality control, MADE IN CHINA junk, what more needs to be said.

Mr. Deal, WAKE UP, and STOP selling defective products!!

If, you are using PrimaLuna, and your speakers fail, check the amp or pre amp.

George

Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
thorloki
TOTAL lack of quality control, MADE IN CHINA junk, what more needs to be said

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I bought a used PL, can't recall model, new was like $3300, anyway I did not like it.
Not at all, Returned it.
AS for Made In China. 
Wrong
Most china amps are built like tanks to last forever.
Something is faulty with your speakers. 
Has nothing to do with PL.
I was surprised the PL did not sound good, (The music was sort of contorted in the PL preamp) as it is made in same factory as my fav amp, Cayin, Both are made in Sparks  Lab. 
What not understood with China is they commies and have not rule of law. They steal intellectually property and cheat then buy political support throughout the world to promote agenda. You like china go live there I buy you ticket.

Thanks but the way things are going, due to the inability of so many to wise up to what you just said we won't have to go anywhere, the CCP will just come and turn us into them. Half the most active posters here already are card-carrying party members and rooting for it.

I have sold, bought, traded gear for years. Vintage, SS, tubes. I had a Scott tube amp, el84, for years. Made in USA.  Sounded good, but not as good as the Jolida amps I sold, nor nearly as good as the Old Chen EL34 I recently bought. Prima Luna is made in China- those amps sell for 10 to 12 times what the cost is to the company- quite a profit. For modestly priced, nice SS go with Yamaha (too large for my cabinet) or Denon, or Marantz. Yamaha has a very nice sound. Jolida has a great sound, but there are very few of those in the used market. The company changed the name to Black Ice Audio, put out new products, and increased prices. The Black Ice Audio gear is not worth the money. I have considered a SS amp that I can fit into my stereo cabinet. The Old Chen EL34 amp sits on top of the cabinet. However, I really love the sound of the Old Chen. Best sounding amp I ever had. I am not keen on buying used gear- often had problems when I did. Tube amps are best with efficient speakers. I listen to a lot of jazz and folk, and classical guitar music. The OLD CHEN EL34 is a pleasure. I listen to music much more now that I have it. I have a set of kitchen knives made in China- after 30 years those are still razor sharp, and the wooden handles are still in excellent shape- those get used on a daily basis. If you have a limited budget and want to go with SS go for Yamaha as it does sound very natural. Or go with Denon- Denon is clear sounding. And believe me- the living standard of the average Chinese has been steadily improving. Do you know a Marantz amp will cost about 1/2 the  American price in Europe? I would take the Old Chen over a Conrad-Johnson CAV45.