Preowned Wilson Audio Chicago Dealer

So, what's with the Chicago used gear dealer who constantly advertises tons of used Wilson, (the same models for over a year or more) yet anyone who calls him to buy a pair get's totally discouraged by him on Wilson?

Is this just the old bait and switch with him having none of them in stock? Right now he must have 12 ads of the 20 on Audiogon- yet when called about actually buying a pair he doesn't even attempt to subtly switch you to something else. He makes you feel like an idiot for considering buying Wilson and will "only sell you a pair of you insis"t and then tells you "but I know I"ll only be buying them back from you". 

128x128cowan217

Showing 4 responses by decathlon1991

For those of you (which I’m sure are his friends) are defending this guy, ask yourself a common sense question. He uses COVID as an excuse when business are open all the time. So has he been to your home? He doesn’t know if you have COVID or not. How does he truly know if the Wilson or any other speaker will perform in your room. It takes more than the 4 walls in you listening space to make that aggressive decision. To me it sounds like an old 1990’s sales technique they used at a car dealership. You come in wanting to buy a Camaro and he sells you a ZR1 Corvette. At the end of the day, it is your hard earned money. Spend it how you want. Don’t get scammed by a person or a company who doesn’t know you or your situation. Remember, utilize your common sense and don’t get suckered.

It’s amazing some of you take things literally. Apparently some can’t read what the whole message stands for, lol. The truth hurts and based on some of the responses to what I said, it definitely struck a nerve. You’re right, you don’t know me and truly your opinion don’t matter one bit. It is beneath me to be honest. Only trash looks for anything negative to make themselves feel better. If you spent your time speaking with him and built a bond, good for you, lol. That’s called developing a relationship good or bad. It’s called Motor Learning Behavior skills, lol. (Friend, Aquantis, etc). You sure as hell are defending this individual based on my and others comments instead of talking about you honest experiences, good or bad. The individual who started the post was giving his honest opinion. You don’t have to like it but it is his reality. It’s always the same individuals with the same negative nonsense. My message was meant for the individuals who had issues not for a troll to pick a comment from the whole point of the message. We see enough Karen’s on Youtube, we don’t need them on this site. Go listen to some music, and maybe you will feel better.

Yes, I have Mr. Thin skinned. I looked at his McIntosh MC275 for a second too. They have been there for well over a year. My uncle even went to Chicago to inquire about purchasing an amplifier for me and even with a well heads up timeline, he still couldn’t get in. I ordered my Mc2301 from Audio Excellence in Canada. But here is the fun part since you asked so candidly, lol. He doesn’t bother me or sway me one bit. I’m my own individual and can make up my own mind. Some folks are leaders and some are followers. The key is knowing who you really are and what you are capable. I’ve been to some of the best Hi End stores all over the world. I’m fortunate but not everyone has that ability. If a store or a person can’t get it done especially if it is a simple process, I don’t wine about it, I keep it moving. I don’t expect you to understand. One more thing. If you want to sound smart, try not to use other folks words, it makes you sound desperate. 

Also if you have ever been to New Orleans and visited Wilson Audio the store, you will know Doug the original owner is the same way if not worse Except he will not pretend to have a product