Preamp upgrade

Hi all. Looking for some Reva or just to be told that it likely doesn’t get much better. Current preamp audio research ls-7 which was an audiogon purchase 12 years ago 550.00. Upgrade consideration ARC ref 3, ARC GSPre, Elliott Studio Arts 66-001, aesthetix Janus, audible illusion 3b, etc. rest of the system is parasound Jc 5 amp. eat c-sharp TT, McIntosh MP100 phono pre bluenode streamer and vandersteen treo carbon ct. audio quest cables throughout. I am wondering if the preamp upgrade for thousands more will provide any real marginal gain. Looking forward to the chat

128x128jelliott78

Regarding the Modulus 3B preamp.  I owned in this order, original Modulus 3, Modulus 3A, and Modulus 3B.  The 3B was the best of the 3, sounded superb most of the time.  I owned the 3B from 2012 through 2019 before going to a Rogue RP5 preamp which was a sideway move.  I liked the Modulus 3B better but wanted remote.  I finally settled on a McIntosh C2500 tube preamp.  It’s my final preamp. If you do go for the 3B, make sure it isn’t noisy as mine would develop hum and I would have to reseat the tubes.  Also understand that Audible Illusions is basically a 1 man show and if you need repairs, I wish you the best of luck.  I ordered a set of 4 tubes from Audible Illusions  and waited almost 2 years for them to ship.  Everytime I called, I was told they would relay the info to Art Ferris, the owner of Audible Illusions.  I never did get the tubes.  

Lots of good advise to think about. I’d say the LS7 sounds pretty good and all the items in the system work well together. I listed severall preamp companies and models I was considering but the real consideration is the level of improvement for the amount of money spent vs what I paid for the LS7 many years ago. Good to hear everyone’s take ownership and what they have tried and liked and even some of the pitfalls of other equipment. A lot to consider. 

What is your take on vacuum tube preamps?

Spatial Audio Lab's Raven Preamplifier is very good I read.

Here is the thread on Audiogon - https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/spatial-audio-raven-preamp

Pre amps should Always be Tubed....Amps can be either. My Audio-GD HE-1 Xlr has ten tubes...it's the size of a Pizza Box ...and is fantastic for 5K.