Preamp suggestions for Pass Labs XA100.5

Could I solicit opinions on preamplifiers that mate well with Pass Labs XA100.5 monoblocks. I would like to use balanced connection. I know that Pass labs preamplifiers are a safe bet but I am open to other brands that may offer terrific synergy with the Pass Labs Class A amps. Would appreciate opinions from anyone with personal experience with the pairing.
Thank you!
apdoc2004
I use an Atma-Sphere MP1 with XA60.5 and it works great. Very quiet and dynamic. IMO one of the best preamps available. The phono is very good if your cartridge has a reasonably high output, otherwise you may need a step up transformer to keep noise at an acceptable level. I ended up using a Boulder 1008 phono for my 2 lomc, and the Atma Sphere with my mono cartridge that has around a .9 mv output. Ala in all, highly recommended.
Mark
I've never been too impressed with Pass preamps. I've owned both their amps and preamps, and like the amps much better. I would look at: Ayre, BAT, Aesthetix and maybe Audio Research.
Thank you for all the responses--much appreciated.
To Onemug
I have been tempted to buy a Conrad johnson preamp. I know CJ preamps are supposed to be more tube like in their sound comapred to Audio Research. I wonder if a cheaper preamp in their line such as ET3 or ET3SE would be a good match. I guess it might be a toss up between Conrad Johnson & Audio Research (LS27).
I'd check out the VAC Renaissance pre amp for sale on this site. I think it is a Mk1, so price should be lower than the $4500 asked. This a a superb pre amp with an excellent phono stage thrown in.