Preamp suggestions for Atma-Sphere Class D Monoblocks

As I impatiently await the arrival of my Atma-Sphere class-d monos, I am writing to solicit opinions from experienced members on this site. Balanced inputs and outputs as well as the ability to connect a subwoofer are important. Headphone amp would be nice but not critical. Ditto for built-in phono. These are some of the tube and solid state units I am considering (not necessarily exhaustive):

1. Atma-Sphere MP-3 mk3.3
  2. Cary SLP-05 (ultimate edition, if I can find a pristine used pair at a good price)
  3. Modwright LS-100
  4. PrimaLuna EVO 400
  5. Supratek - Champagne or 6SN7 Cabernet - I have no idea what the difference between these two are and the website is not helpful at all
  6. Anthem STR
  7. Benchmark LA-4/HPA-4
  8. Bryston BR-20 (or one of their purely analog variants - BP-19?) - I am hesitant to bundle streaming and dac into a preamp
  9. NAD M66
  10. ?

I will initially use the Bel Canto DAC2.8 as a dac and preamp with an Auralic Aries G1.1 as the streamer. My speakers are Totem Acoustic Forest Signatures, sub is a REL s/510 that I seldom use. I am unsure whether I can use the speaker level connections with the A-S monos (my current Bel Canto Ref510S class d amp has a chassis grounding screw to which I connect the REL’s ground wire).

Philosophically speaking, I have owned a wide range of equipment over the years - everything from "measurements above all" type gear (a full Benchmark stack), a few tube pieces (PrimaLuna, Tavish Design, Rogue), Class A amplification (Pass Labs XA-30.8) and a completely active Genelec 8351b based system. I seem to be slowly but surely gravitating towards subjectively great sounding gear, regardless of how they measure - the Totems are a case in point. However, I don’t want to find that I have moved too far in any one direction. At the end of the day, I value realism and emotional connection more than the ability to deconstruct the music but I don’t want to listen to a sloppy system that homogenizes everything. I’m sure this is all clear as mud! It is however, a reflection of where I am at the end of 28 years of being on this hamster wheel. All thoughts and suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Ag insider logo xs@2xsrama

I did this in reverse order.  I bought an Atma-sphere MP3 Mk 3.3 first.

Then I replaced my push pull tube amp with Atma-sphere Class D mono amps.

The combo is fabulous .  I am very happy!!

@soix, @vthokie83. Thank you, I will try and update my experience here once its all settled in.

@hifinut, thanks for sharing your experience. I am glad I arrived at the right decision eventually!

To quote from @acresverde:

The fact that you will simultaneously establish a relationship with one of the most knowledgeable, caring and responsive bunch of guys in all of audio and will be buying American is just the cherry on top.

As my daughters might say - Word.

Congrats.  You’re in for a real treat.  I use a MP-3 with both an A-S S30 and Class D amps.  It’s a wonderful combination that you would be hard pressed to better unless spending considerably more $$$.  Your Totems (which I also have owned) will really shine.

Greetings,  I’ve had the Aesthetix preamp for a couple years with an Aesthetix amp.  Currently have a Supratek Cabernet under evaluation.  Happy to chat if you like.  Thanks. 
Brian

@bcsy

Thanks for your offer to chat! I have already ordered the Atma-Sphere MP-3.

After having experienced just how good Ralph’s class d Mono Blocks are, it was a no-brainer to pair them with a preamplifier of his design .