Preamp Suggestions

I am new to higher or mid end equipment. I love my music and would like to get more out of it. I am also a student and of limited funds. If any one has experience with this equip and can help me please share your knowledge. I listen to rock, folk, jazz and am more and more listening to classical. I feel my Dyn audience 50's, NAD c370 sound great with my homemade speaker stands but are lacking an emotional quality. I have a Dual 1219 turntable w/ a Shure V15 II and NAD PP-II phono stage. Main Question is I am looking at purchasing an ADCOM GFP-565 Pre-Amplifier for $300. Does anyone have experience with this piece? or have recommendations. It seems to have good reviews and a good phono stage. Will be adding a DAC and Thorens TD 150 MKII later. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Oh many digital files through computer hence DAC to be added. Is this Pre-amp recomendable and will it help give the music more emotion with out to much taken from the signal path. thsnks
themgs14
Just looking at a value standpoint and the Era(80's & 90's) of the Adcom pre that you are looking at... The entry level quality audiophile companies at that time were PS AUDIO, Adcom, B&K, Sumo, Parasound, Hafler...
Of these companies, in Pre's only,
PS AUDIO... 4.6, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2 (had a 4.6 and 6.2)
Sumo Athena
B&K Pro 10MC - others that had model 10's or Sonata was best
Parasound PLD-1100 (did not own)
Adcom GFP565 II (had 555)
Hafler 915..IRIS (I had a 110)
I have owned most of these, for me, the Sumo and the B&K stood heads & heals above the others. After that, I'd take the Parasound, then the Adcom, then the Hafler.
Its only an opinion, but its the only one I've got.
Ths364: did you feel that it was the NAD's amp section that was the limiting factor with your Dyn's? I read that while both the preamp and amp sections were good on their own you could do worse than separate them out. Also my concerns with the c370's pre is the lack phono stage and adding to many links in the chain.
Relf: I would consider a tube in the future but for now I'm afraid it might color from the original to much? I am trying to learn the why's of all this a long the way and don't want to get ahead of myself and not be able to back track. Also the price of tube amps I think is to steep for my student pockets right now.
Thank you all, I' listening.
Also this is a 2 maybe 2.1 in near future if it helps with range, music only system. So any vid in/outs are unnecessary and I'm guessing only a price booster. Phono is important.
Themgs14 I was think of a tube buffer or even a tube pre amp;there are some in your price range that are worth considering;they might give you that emotional feeling that you are searching for.
I agree with you Rleff but the price for a decent used tube pre amp exceed his budget. I was going to ask a little more about the emotion he thinks is missing.
OP have you considered selling your current amp and putting ehough money away to buy a modest used tube integrated. I must tell you tubes are magical things. Tubes are worth the price of adimission.