Preamp or DAC

Hello all. My system consists of the following:

Coda 16 Amp, Coda 07x preamp, Holo May KTE Dac, Aurender N20, Legacy Audio Signature SE speakers and a pair of REL 812 subs. I am considering changing either the preamp or Dac. I would like to go with tubes. Would you think I would get more sq change in changing the preamp or Dac? I am thinking Dac but I wanted to hear your opinions. Considering ARC, new Don Sachs or Aric Audio in pres and Lampizator or other in DACs. So, would the preamp or DAC make a bigger difference? I will say I have a $12k to $15k budget.

Thanks

backdoor

@backdoor if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Keep the coda pieces. 
I’d just get a great DAC if I were you. Look into MSB Discrete, Bricasti M21 (has R2R and Delta Sigma plus different filter options). 
With Aurender N20 the best interface will be AES/EBU which would allow you to leverage the N20’s superb clock. I hope that’s how you connect streamer and DAC now. 

@audphile1 yes I am using AES/EBU connection currently and I too believe it sound better than USB or any of the others. I will take a look at Bricasti. Thank you for your input. Ultimately, you are more than likely right.

@backdoor I commented earlier about the Pass XP-12, but saw your question on the Benchmark. The LA4 was one of the other preamps I tried and I liked it a lot. Very resolving and also great for low volume listening. It is a bit on the cold side however, and I do prefer the Pass. I would put the LA4 at the other end of the spectrum from the 07x, detailed and analytical, in comparison to the warmth of the 07x. The Pass is somewhere in the middle. 

We are a coda and legacy dealer 

we would recommend  fully balanced tube preamp 

the Zesto leto is exceptional fully balanced neutral with a touch of warmth 

has a unique tone control sounds amazing with coda

dave and Troy

Audio intellect NJ

coda zesto and legacy dealer