Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand

Hi Betcha--

I am among those pairing the Syrah with solid state--I use Bel Canto EVO 200.2 mono blocks and am very happy with this configuration. Like a lot of others, I can't help but wonder about Mick's power amps--could they possibly be as good as the preamps?

Mike, I have a similar situation with my analog set-up. I have a Dynavecter 20XH, a very fine cartridge, but possibly not the best match with the Syrah due to its high output. I am thinking of switching to a Shelter 501.

I know it's been said repeatedly in this thread, but the Supratek has, more than any other piece of gear I own, brought an unbelievable musicality to my system. I literally cannot wait to get home at the end of the day and listen some more.

BTW, the Ken Rads (black glass) do make a noticeable improvement. Now I'm waiting on some Tung Sol 5881s and Sylvania Metal base 6SN7Ws to play around with. Hard to imagine things will get much better though...

Betcha, I am using my new Cotese with Spectral DMA360 mono blocks and they work GREAT together.
The Supra pre-s have all the necessary gain to drive anything and due to being transformer coupled outputs, there shouldn't be any impedance mismatches. All I can say is that my entire system has literally come to life.
I've followed this long thread with great interest. Has anyone used the Supratek Merlot power amp, or tried it and chosen something else?

Peter
Slowhand, ASA, Mike, Bwhite, Rockhead and the rest of you guys have convinced me, so I'm on the bandwagon waiting for Miss Sarah. Besides, I needed a new pre-amp after the power supply on my CAT just went, a few electrolytics went a bit beyond their useful life. Very good timing and just the excuse I needed to push me over the top.
Tubegroover, you won't regret it. If it were double the price I would do it again.

Somebody posted in the wanted section (no screen names allowed) that they wanted to buy a Supratek. It was posted from Washington, DC. If that person is reading this thread thought I would let you know I live in Northern Virginia and although there's no chance I'm selling, you are welcome to stop by and have a listen. Email me.
Regards,
Patrick

p.s. tube rolling experience is welcome over at the Yahoo group Fiddler started for Supratek owners. Scroll up for the link.