Preamp advice

Hi, I am quite new to this hobby.

I currently have a MC 275 mark 6, running with Klipsch La scalas and Sansui AU9900 as preamp. I know the MC tube  preamps are a dream machine to pair with the MC 275 but i need recommendations on any other non MC solid/ tube preamps which can be used with my setup.

Always grateful for your recomendations.

Thank you

tubesound247

Showing 1 response by ptrck887

I also run a MC275VI with modded Cornwall IV's.  I tried a number of tube pre amps starting with a C2300, then C500T, both were blown out of the water by a Modwright LS100.  To say I was shocked is an understatement.  I could have easily lived with the LS100, but in my large dedicated listening room, I found the lack of a volume readout to be a PITA.  I purchased a Don Sachs II from Don just prior to him signing on with Spatial Audio and my pre amp journey is over.  It is an outstanding match.  Uncharacteristically there are 2 or 3 "used" DS II's on the market currently as some users have moved up to his new offerings thru Spatial.

I also auditioned Schiit Freda+, Rogue RP9,  Aesthetics Calypso.  Didn't work for me in my room.

Enjoy!