Pre-amp for McIntosh MC-352

HI, I AM LOOKING FOR A PRE-AMP TO GO WITH THE MCINTOSH MC352 & B&W N803s. 80/20 MUSIC/MOVIES. I AM CONSIDERING THE KRELL SHOWCASE, ANTHEM AVP20 & THE BRYSTON SP1. YOUR ADVICE ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

RODNEY
rodney01
How about the McIntosh C2200 - the new tube preamp from Mac. It's a killer preamp and a great match with the MC352. We've sold it with the 602 and 1201 mostly, but it would be great on a 352 as well.
the Mc C2200 is excellent indeed for tube quality sound. Their solid state preamps are fantastic too (especially the simple C15 in my opinion although it is now discontinued). Don't know your candidates well enough to say anything about them though.
I own the C2200 and use it with the 352. Great match. Had the Mark Levinson 38S prior to it. No contest for my taste. the Mac has a naturalness to it that the 38S did not and it is no slouch in the market place. If you are not into tubes than the C42 by Mcintosh may just be what you need.
THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES. I NEVER THOUGHT OF TUBE PRE-AMP WITH SS AMP. WILL DEFINATELY AUDITION THE 352/C2200 COMBO WHEN I HAVE A CHANCE.
If you are into resolution, Mac, and depth of soundstage, try the later production C100 or C200 preamps. I use a C100 with a KSA300s and 801 IIs with all Golden Reference or Golden Cross cabling and the detail is astounding. Grain in the 300s ? only when you run out of house power !
Agree with Stereosteve-I have C-100 latest version pre and it works extremely great with my MC-352 and Legacy Sig-III speakers;resolution plus depth of soundstage amasing;before had C-42-it's good preamp too,but no compare with C-100...
My friend is using the Krell KBL preamp on his Mcintosh MC 500 amp. The Krell is from the early 90s. Its really well built and has a natural sound to it. It has a separate power supply. Other good preamps I'v heard that I liked,
Pass P preamp, Adcom 750 modified by Stan Warren, Threshold T2, T3, and YBA 2 preamplifier which has 2 volume controls.