Power conditioner wire gauge? Serious issue

So I just figured out that all the 10 gauge wiring I have may be a problem if the power conditioner I use only uses 14 or 16 gauge wires to connect all those outlets you plug into in the back of those devices.

The specs are not part of the description when you buy Power conditioners.  Everybody recommends a dedicated 10 gauge wire from the panel but fails to consider what power conditioners use. 

Is this a serious problem? 

jumia

@atmasphere     Thank you for this detail.  You have the knowledge of these things and your posts are very informative.

I have gone the path of reconfiguring the power supply in my home and I am happy with the sound I get from a fairly upmarket system.  I sometimes wonder what improvement power conditioners might achieve, but at my age I might not hear it.

Besides, even PS conditioners would probably have trouble powering my Krell KRS200s, upgraded by Krell to 400w per side.  They draw power like room heaters.  But I won't be parted from them.

@atmasphere , is this Elgar thing you mention also called an AC power supply? I signed quite a few requisitions for AC power supplies for the EE lab and reliability lab. Keysight was one of the brands we bought. I cannot remember the other. We were lucky to pick up I think 5 nearly new from a company that was going under. We sell worldwide so we need to be able to generate any supply voltages our customers may use both for design, and reliability testing.

Hi. Here we tried a normal 4 mm2 x3 (neutral, hot and Earth) ofc copperwire from the main fuse and 15 mtr to the system, works well. Main fuse is 16 A 250v  

Them we took the same wire and added 2 more runs of the same cable = 3x4mm2 = 12 mm2, nothing else changed and it was way better. 

Bigger more calm soundstage and more dynamic especial in the bas.

why? No idear but maybee the transients in the Music demands much more current 

in Pico second or the 12mm2 actually works as instans powerstore but it works.

regards

is this Elgar thing you mention also called an AC power supply?

@thespeakerdude Elgar still makes those. I've not tried them to see how they compare to their older power conditioners. So I can speak to how well they will work, but I suspect they will work just fine. The ones I've seen allow you more output voltages and also variable line frequency.

Post removed