Power Cond-best? Hyrda? CFX? PP? Burm 948? others?

Has anyone compared the Hydra, PP or CFX to the Burmester 948 or the Accuphase? Power cords really change my system so I want to jump in with both feet here.

Powercords I like are Trans Ref, Fim Gold, Kimber Palladian 10. Tried the Viper v2, didn't like it in my system, but can easily see how others would.

If you go with a great conditioner like the Hydra or Burmester, do you need to go with top notch cords between the component and conditioner?

System is all BAT tube pre/amp/phono, Wilson wattpuppy 6's, DCS, Trans Ref cables. Thanks for your opinions...
128x128jfrech

Showing 1 response by cornfedboy

jfrech: if you haven't installed dedicated circuits, do that first (and maybe last). i tried the hydra in my system and hated it. it screwed up the PRaT and made the mid to lower bass sound muddy and constipated. i'm waiting to try out the burmester, which is described by fellow 'philes i trust as the best conditioner on the planet. i've also tried the accuphase ps-500, which did nothing for me. but, then, after auditioning the hydra, maybe that's a good thing. -cfb