Power Cable options for Levinson 300 series

I currently have the Levinson 33H's, and before them the 336. Both these amps have a Levinson power cable built right into the Chassis. Knowing how much a good power cable can improve a component, I am wondering what I could be missing in improved performance if I was able to put an after market cable on my 33H's. Does anyone know of any way to make this happen for the 300 series, as I believe they all, from the 331 to the 336, and including the 33H and 33's..........have built in power cables!
bullot

Showing 4 responses by bullot

Hmmmm, well, I had a 336 amplifier, and it was definately built in. The transport was not, and the DAC was not, and the Preamps were not, but the AMP was......
Hey no sweat Sam....I didn't know that some of the 300 series had removable cords! I see on lots of the pics here, where people are selling the lower power 300 series that indeed the cords are removable!

Thanks Frank for the explanation.....makes sense I guess! Just wondering how this awesome amp, 33H, would sound with an Isoclean Supreme Focus, or the like, supplying the power!

Regards.
Thanks very much for all the input folks.......some excellent food for thought! I am going to have a closer look at my power situation for starters. I have been planning on doing this but a change of address was in my near future, so was holding off till I got in the new digs! I will definately be using some of this advice.
Thanks again everyone.........no problem going down the 336 path, I used to own the 336 and many other Levinson products.

My speakers are the Genesis 4 tower speakers, Gen II. The Levinson 33H's are running the mid/tweeters only, and I can turn the volume up to 100% on the system and it sounds incredible. The speakers are 4 ohm and 91db. However, I do think it sounds a little leaner at this volume, leading me to think that what most of you are saying is exactly right.......get 20Amps to the wall for each mono block, and don't worry about the power cord. So, that is my goal.