Power cable from wall socket to power strip

Hej

Firstly; yes I believe that cables makes a difference. All cables. I don’t want a discussion with ”non believers”.

I use a power strip (Wireworld Matrix 2) which is connected to the wall socket with a Furutech Empire. But now I need a little longer power cable and I thought; does the power cable from the wall socket to the power strip really matter? I mean, all the way to my wall socket it’s just ordinary wire, so why should the part to the power strip matter. It’s just the last bit to the devices that matters, I’ve been told. Or…?
What are your thoughts about this?

simna

The Puritan Audio Labs Power Conditioner PSM156 comes with a good Puritan Classic power cord supplied in the box, BUT, almost every PSM156 we sell leaves with the Puritan Ultimate Power cable. It makes a very solid upgrade even better.

@macg19 

Of course they do. It's called marketing. They are VERY good at it.

How is it that SO many people don't grasp that? Are humans really that gullible?

You gave the answer yourself in the description of your situation. If you have not changed the wiring in the walls and up to the socket it’s normal copper wire ... how much difference do you think it makes if you extend that normal copper wire a couple of yards? Exactly ... none. If your expensive power cables from socket to equipment do magical things to the sound, than they will still do that.

You would be better making you own cable with Furutech NCF connectors and Furutech cable. I have been swapping cables and plugs for a while to get the sound the way i want it. The last change was a HiFi tuning fuse in the wall socket plug. And that made a difference. I would say that i have got it the way i want it now, but another swap around maybe even better. lol. Good luck.

@mrskeptic ​​​​​​+1! Clever marketing can sell ice cubes to Eskimos! The whole cable/wire/conditioner business is based upon flowery phrases and obfuscation to lure in the gullible! Audiophiles as a group are among the most gullible and susceptible to advertising/word-of-mouth marketing.