Power Cable for CDP

Hi all. For the last 2 years I’ve been using Oyaide Tunami 2 power cables on amps, CDP and power distributor. Anyone who knows these knows they they are an outstanding 10AWG OCC virgin copper cable. Sound can be best described as detailed, lush and FAT. Conceptually I get the need to feed a hi power amplifier with as much power as you can; usually only achievable with a heavy gauge power cable.

I’m considering using a lighter gauge cable (13AWG) for source and wondering if anyone has any experience in mixing cable gauges depending on equipment connected to the cable? Am I likely to get more speed, air, instrument separation etc?

Thanks

kaipau

@mrskeptic +1

@chikin2000   No.  All sources require the maximum spend on power cords.  A good rule of thumb is to spend no less than three times the cost of the player.

@soix- thats a good question. More transparency really. Presently there is terrific pace, slam, detail the lot but served up with with lots of "weight". On the IC side, I have pure silver IC’s terminated with pure silver RCA’s so the weight isnt coming from the IC side.

A good while back I had used Blue Heavens and, with all their shortcomings, there was terrific transparency.

@mrskeptic - you’re hilarious

I have been a reasonably recent entrant to  the power cord game, as I have been concentrating on all the other bits.

Each component has a power cord that is more suitable to it than another, and not always what you might expect!

I have spent ages doing comparisons and now about  75% of my power cables are DR Acoustics

Having a Quality large cable still has less resistance  

the AQ Thunder retail around $1k is excellent , I bought mine from Perrotta Consultants and got a very good deal that isa substantial increase in fidelity vs the Oyaide which I have. Owned .