Power Cable ~ $300 - Which to get? Nordost, Audioquest, Furutech, Shunyata, Zavfino?

I just upgraded to an Audioquest NRG-4 for my amp, which already has made a bit of a difference, however, I am getting a new Audioquest Power bar/conditioner, and wanna connect the entire thing to the wall (will be wired nicely later).

I was told to get the best cable I can get from the power strip to the wall... hence looking for a mid-range power cord, say between $300-400 and not too bulky with some flexiblity... what do you guys recommend? Audioquest Monsoon? Nordost Blue Haven? Furutech, Shunyata in that price range... or Zavfino which is the only one making OCC cable in that price range! Even if a bit higher it's ok, as there are always specials here or there.

Any ideas? Suggestions?
alexb76

Showing 5 responses by rodman99999

Synergistic Research Master Coupler +1. I’ve had one connected to my Audio Magic Stealth XXX, for the past few years. Not the most flexible, but- I don’t move it around much. No plans to replace it, ever(and I’m picky). Here’s one that you could audition, in your system, cheaply: https://www.usedcable.com/synergistic-research-ac-master-coupler-x-series-active-15-amp-iec-5ft-1-5m-power-cables-12293.html Just be certain that the MPC(wall wart) is included, as this is an, "active" cable and there’s a major difference without it.
@alexb76 -   btw:  Generally speaking: connecting one's power amp, directly to the wall outlet, will sound better than through either a power strip or purifier(when combined with a number of other devices).
@tablejockey - Actually, Michael Spallone, our resident Synergistic MPC guru/AudiogoN member, does upgrade the Synergistic MPC(wall wart) and it makes an audible improvement(with interconnects anyway). https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/modding-synergistic-research-mpc-to-galileo-status-2 However, I wouldn’t expect those attending or spinning, at a wedding or Bar Mitzva, to notice the differences(totally different objectives/style in, "cooking").
@alexb76 - I almost envy your inability to hear the differences, that biasing a cable’s dielectric can make(etc). I’m assuming you considered the vast plethora of variables, that may have made that so. I suppose, I could have saved a lot of money, were that my story. However; my ears were my primary source of income, for about four decades, so- I really have no regrets. Perhaps you missed it: The cable I suggested IS a, "$300 cable". It’s just been favorably compared, to the upper crust. Happy listening!