Possible to convert Apple Lossless to WAV.?

Hi There:
I've started down the path of converting my CDs to iTunes in Apple lossless on my PC to start down the path of listening to all my music via hard drive. I've read that as my libraray gets big, iTunes can become too cumbersome, may crash and I'll run into problems with importaing album art.

is it possible to convert my files that I've done so far (about 100 CDs) to WAV.? From there I can then pursue a non iTunes approach.

Thanks!
128x128outlier
Mozartrules how do you mean..."AIFF is uncompressed but allows you to have all the tags and album art in the files themselves."? I thought aiff is just Apple's version of uncompressed cd audio/wav file. Everything I've read states that aiff files do not hold any extra tag info, etc.
Thanks guys for the continuing input. I'm inclined to keep going on transferring my CDs to PC with iTunes and Apple Lossless. Seems like the easiest path and hopfully retains highest quality source.

I'll then need to figure out optimum dac, connection (USB, Firewire, or wireless to Squeezebox followed by toslink to high-end dac, or wireless to Transporter and use as is, or output to seperate high end dac) and if/how I need to solve clock/jitter issues seperately. It seems like the Benchmark is a good option for to solve most issues, although I really really like the Duet remote (I may experiment with getting an iPhone which can be used as an iTunes remote too). Anyways, sooo many options - it would be easier if there were a consensus single best quality option, although it can be fun to waste hours reading and arguing about it too :-)

Windows .WMA lossless, sounds exactly like .wav but can have Tags and photo of the art included in the same file.
better than .flac or .ape or .wv wavpack .mpc

in PC, the apple quicktime v7.x, with purchasing the PRO unlock code from apple store, can convert any apple .aiff or .mov to almost any other file format with user selectable quality.
but does not have batch processing. = time consuming.

other software that has batch processing is the adobe audition 3, but thats more expensive than the PRO unlock code. try the demo to see if it loads your file format,

if the QT PRO does not convert the TAGs and ARTs, its better to Extract again, with WMP10/11 to .wma lossless

another easyer work arround,,,
its to download the free codec: cole2k media pack 7, that has a verry nice Audio deCoder, that can be tweaked/activeted to read most applee sound file fotmats with in WMP10/11 = maybe will not need to convert.
but i dont think will load tags and art photo.

another way is to use an alternate software like VLC player, media center, etc....
Good discussion. I have been using ALAC on iTunes for over 3 years now and have had n o issues in over 1000 CD's ripped and played. I have converted some of these files to .WAV and other roughly equivalent formats and not been able to discern a meaningful difference.

Choose a lossless format and the computer/server you like to interact with and spend the big money and time choosing the right DAC for you.