Platform for amp

Which is better granite or maple?I will be putting the platform on top of an oak entertainment center.
gellis1
As much as I was enjoying my system it got even better when I placed my 845 tube amp on maple with brass cones. The improvements were even more substantial when I did the same with my tube pre. Good luck.

Cheers
I like the Sound Anchor amps stands. They look and sound great and can be tweaked using Vibrapods between the amp and top of the stand and replacing the spikes with Audiopoints or your favorite cones.

Disclaimer: I'm not affliated with or sell any audio/video equipment.
Or you could just cut yourself an appropriate sized piece of 3/4 inch MDF which you can get down at home depot. Cover that with the sound damping vinyl sheets you can order from Parts Express and for a whopping investment of about $40 you can achieve what otherwise might cost you hundreds, even thousands for the voodoo audiophile solutions.

Nick
Thanks Nick--Now tell me do you work at HD??--Juss kid-in.---I does sound good and reasonably priced. BTW; I just talked to 'Clara' and she don't want me doing non of that VoDo stuff---and maybe putting her out of business.
I decided on a maple platform.What should I put between the oak entertainment center and the maple block? I was thinking maybe felt.