Pink Floyd The Wall Remasters

With all of the different versions (remasters and imports) of The Wall, which version has the best sound? I believe there is a 1994 remaster and a 2000 remaster. Then there is the Japanese pressing among other import versions. The version I currantly have is a Columbia release and has 1997 on it. I love this recording and want to have it in all of its sonic glory. I would appriciate any thoughts toward this subject. Thanks.
jholmberg
ben the regular release I had would have been previous the 97 version your referred to
Mejames that'll be the '94 one and explain why you prefer the Echoes version.

These types of conversations are very common and one of the reasons I started Lugs to at least let folks know when older versions had been surpassed.
I totally agree with everything that Mejames wrote.
The Mobile Fidelity gold CD of The Wall is a total rip off. I bought it at a time when there was no way to listen to the CD before purchase.
The regular version is the only CD version to buy at this time.
Let's hope they put out an XRCD version, which should sound excellent..
Totally off topic but a friend recently got to meet Roger Waters and see his home project studio, of which I saw some pics.

Luckily I have 2 copies of the Japanese LP, so I think I'm done.
i have the original vinyl as well as the mfsl on cd...and sounds like im in the minority here...but the mfsl to me sounds ok...yes the bass is a bit overly ripe and exaggerated but that is kind of a hallmark of older mfsl releases...they need to do a sacd version