Pickering XSV 3000 replacement stylus- are they worth it?

to say that I am enamored with the performance of the XSV 3000 on the new Technics 1200G is an understatement.  How are the replacement styluses for this cartridge?  are they worth it?  I have the original Stereohedron and although is still performs very well, well, nothing lasts forever. 
tzh21y

Showing 3 responses by lewm

My bad, was indeed thinking of MI, but why don't you trust LP Gear?  I ask this out of genuine curiosity.  If you have a good reason, you might convince me.  Or is it simply that they may not use a Samarium Cobalt magnet?  Assuming output voltage and frequency response are similar between the LP Gear stylus assembly and the OEM stylus assembly, what is the problem?
As you know, Chakster, the magnet is in the cartridge body, not the stylus assembly, so I wonder why you’ve mentioned it. Also, WHY don’t you trust LP Gear?
I believe there is a discussion elsewhere on this forum about Pickering XSV replacement styli sold in the USA. I think the vendor is LP gear. The LP gear product bears a Shibata stylus. In my opinion and in the opinion of several others who contributed to that thread, the Shibata stylus should be very satisfactory as a replacement for the stereoHedron. Plus, it’s not super expensive. Chakster did not agree.