phono upgrade vs replacing stylus

Looking for some insight / help with my dilemma.  I am building a pure 2 channel vinyl system, after a 30 year hiatus from vinyl and falling away from a true early in life passion for music. I dug out my 1970's vinyl, bought a set of speakers, integrated amp and a turntable and realized I absolutely love the commitment to putting on an album and staying present in the moment.  This is a bit tough to say as my company thrives in digital technology.  My first system was / is, KEF LS50's, Music Hall Ikara with Ortofon Blue, and a PS Audio Sprout, this is the system that woke me up again.  But after a year, I'm wanting a bit more "fullness" of sound. I have purchased a set of used Tyler Acoustics Signature Monitors, 2 Music Reference RM10 tube amps, Lightspeed Attenuator (new),a Tom Evans Micro Groove Plus, (purchased on Audiogon), and am thinking of keeping my Music Hall Ikara turntable.  I have a dedicated room 22 x 15.  Finally down to the issue, I purchased the Phono preamp with out asking the question of how it is set up, because all the phono's I was looking at had adjustable inputs, I simply did not verify.  Okay so down to the actual issue, I received the phono pre, hooked it up and couldn't believe what I heard which was absolute disappointment in what I had done!, I failed to ask the correct question and now need to pay the price to learn my lesson.  Should I replace my Ortofon Blue or send the Tom Evans back to the factory and pay the price to have it upgraded, after freight around $450 US.  The Tom Evans is currently setup for .2mv 100R, again its the Micro Grove +.  

I am truly ignorant to the benefits of different setups and am depending on the reviews and recommendations of the Audiogon community.  

Should I send the Tom Evans back to the factory and have it modified to work with my Ortofon Blue and or Upgrade to the new Micro Grove MKII +, or change my stylus to a setup that works with the Tom Evans as currently setup.

Thank You for any and all insight.

chju1986
That Ortofon should have a 47K load. It also has a high output of 5.5 mv. It doesn’t look like that you the best match with your preamp and cartridge. BTW, .2 mv and 100 ohm setting is for a MC cartridge !
The other problem is you are using a passive attenuator. You will need a preamp to drive the amp. A phono stage does not have the voltage to drive a power amp!
Hi yogiboy, This is the type of information I am looking for.  If the Lightspeed attenuator does not work I will drop in a preamp to keep this process moving forward.  Based on the  technical information you have shared, and with a bit of understanding of my situation would you have the Tom Evans set to work with a 47k ohm load or should I purchase a cartridge????

I just found in some old parts a Denon DL-103, which according to the specs should meet the requirements of working with the Tom Evans current setup.  I will set it up and test this weekend.  Thanks for the information.
That Micro Groove + has 112, 140, 187, 280, and 560 ohm settings - I may be missing something, but your Ortofon calls for 47K loading. Also, the Micro Groove + is set up as an MC pre, calibrated for mV settings on cartridges.

Tom can build you a Micro specifically for your cartridge. I'd look into that.