Phono Preamp Selection

I have no idea of which Phono Preamp I should purchase.  I read the reviews from Audio Science and the author provides testing criteria and results for Phono Preamps. I do not have a awesome system - rather it is just a nice system. I reviewed (Pro-ject Phono Box DC MM/MC  / Cambridge Audio Duo / IFI Zen / Schitt Skoll ). My turntable is a MoFi with a Hana MC Cartridge. 500.00 is my budget as I am just a listener of old vintage records.  My amp is a Denon and my speakers are bookshelf Triangle(s). Appreciate your time and responses.

smerk

Used there are actually a number of very good sounding MC stages at that price point. I’ve owned the Dynavector P75 (any version - I had a Mk 1!) and PS Audio GCPH. Both very good. The GCPH had a little hum at higher gain levels but I understand there are ways to mitigate this (maybe even just rotating the toroid).

I always love & recommend Jim Hagerman’s phono products (killer value), and though I haven’t yet heard his new Bugle MC, it should be amazing for the money ($289 new).

I ended up getting the Gold Note PH-10 with the PSU-10 power supply. The PH-10 offers all the settings you will need and they are on the fly. Very good value for a high end phono preamp.

I compared a MOON 110 vs the internal stage on my Rogue RP-1.  The MOON was not significantly better than the RP-1 so I did not purchase.  But the the RP-1 phono is well regarded for its price point.  Occasionally the MOON pops up on USaudiomart for ~$300.  That would proly be a bang buck solution. 

I have heard Jolinda equipment, although not the phonostage. Sounded great to me, natural and musical. I think they went out of business in 2017. But, I’m not sure that would stop me. Well made high end simple devices like phonostages should last decades and should be sevicable by any good audio technicians.

Personally, this probably gives you a real discount. I personally would take it over a Sim any day. I used to own some Sim equipment, looks nice, built well, not very musical.