Phono Preamp Recommendations

If I wanted to spend about $150 or so on a used for a phono preamp what brands and models should I be looking for?
hawkeye666
So if I have warts and gray hair and bad breath I need to get the Cambridge as it is obviously a cure-all?

Here're the specs on the system to which it will be connected, in case it changes any assessments:

AR XB in transit, not sure if I will put new cart on it or not yet. Has the factory Shure 91 and a Pickering XV15-400E. The Phono pre will be connected to this table.

Denon DP-7F with Audio Technica AT450 w/ brand new Shibata stylus on the Phono line of the existing preamp.

CD, Reel, cassette & CD Recorder, and ADS D to A USB converter

Optimus STAV 3400 acting as preamp. (on the to be replaced soon list)

Adcom GFA-545 Mk2

JBL LX-500s.
I'm all but decided on the Cambridge. The raw specs for both the 640 and 540 are the best in my price range. But I don't have the option of auditioning equipment so I am trying to balance my research and inexperience with the experiences of everyone here. I enjoy the range of opinions I see in reading both my threads as well as others that pertain to my interests. I am quite satisfied with the replies I get to most of posts.

Thanks to all who took the time to join in the thread!
Hi Hawkeye, I own the 640P and it was my starter phono pre. Since then, I moved up to an ARC PH-7. In my opinion, the 640P is a nice way to get started with vinyl and IMHO I think it performs well over its price point. I will be looking to sell my 640P in the next day or so. The unit is in pristine condition and I have the original box and manual. If you are interested, send me an e mail through A'gon. Good luck