Personal amp evolution

Seeing the over night success of the speaker evolution thread, it may be interesting to see what type of amp(s) we have all run. Same deal as the other thread-we will sort of create a puzzle of our systems you'll have to visit multiple threads to put everything together!!! ;)
For me I started:
Adcom GFA-565 monoblocks
Rotel RB-990bx
Jeff Rowland Design Group Model 5
Balanced Audio Technology(BAT) VK-60

either a CAT JL2, BAT VK-75se or Tenor 75Wp on the horizon.
tireguy

Showing 4 responses by c123666

Adcom GFA 1 (sold)
PS Audio 2C (sold)
Adcom GFA 545 II (sold)
Bryston 2B (sold)
Levinson 27.5 (sold)
McIntosh MC 225 (sold; shoulda kept this one..tubes were difficult to find at the time..things change)

Parasound HCA 1206 (current HT amp)
Audio Note P2SE (current stereo amp, w/black gates, silver internal wire...upgraded to signature spec)

desired stereo amp: pair of audio note parallel 300b amps
The Audio note P2SE (upgraded) is with my Audio Note guy to shop it around with his customers.

I acquired a lovely Audio Note Conqueror with upgraded Sophia 300b tubes, Sylvania 6ns7GT drivers, and audio note oil film caps for a very reasonable price. A definite step up from the pentode P2SE although that is a lovely amp, too, and much more powerful with 17 watts. The 8 watts works just fine with my Audio Note K type speakers, though.
got my audio note conqueror stereo 300b single ended amplifier...finally...worth it
all tube amps sold and custom interstage coupled 300b single tube SET amp being built with excellent parts throughout..tango output trannies, electraprint trannies (interstage/power), blackgates, sophia tubes, GZ34 rectifiers...

hopefully this is the end of it until I decide I require much more power and then another custom tube amp will probably result.