Pass Labs XP-25 Outputs

I am currently trying out a Pass Labs XP-25 phono stage and enjoying what I am hearing, particularly with an MC Step Up Transformer feeding into it vice using the MC settings available.

I do have a question which I could not answer from reading the manual. As any XP-25 or 27 users will know it has a RCA and XLR output, with the RCA output being 6db less gain. The question Is, is it possible to have both outputs connected to a preamp RCA and XLR inputs accordingly and switch between them on your preamp (adjusting the volume of course) to see what you prefer?

128x128alan60

I have an XP-27.  I use both outputs simultaneously when I am recording a record.  RCA to my A to D converter and XLR to my preamp. I'm sure you can use both outputs in an XP-25.

I tried out a SUT (!:15 Bobs Devices) to see if my Lyra Etna SL would sound better that way versus the MC settings.  I much preferred the MC settings without the SUT in the middle. YMMV.

Post removed 

@karl_desch I suppose it's horses for courses, I tried this with my friend also listening we both felt that putting it through the SUT gave it more tonal colour, body and musical engagement. Of course there are 3 variables in that yours is an XP-27, with a different SUT and cartridge. I would be interested to know you phono stage history as to how you arrived with the XP-27.

@benjie as stated before I don't have a gain/volume.