Parasound PLD-2000 vs Parasound Halo P-3

How does the Parasound Halo P-3 preamp compare sonically with the older top-of-the-line dual-mono Parasound PLD-2000 preamp? The older Parasound sold for about $1400.00 and was very highly reviewed by FI magazine a few years ago.
Also, which, in your opinion, would match best with a Parasound HCA-3500 power amplifier?
daltonlanny
Again, has anyone had the opportunity to compare these two preamps head-to-head?
If so, what were the results, and their sonic strengths and weaknesses?
Which would mate best with the Parasound Halo JC-1 monoblocks in your opinion?
I guess I can answer my own question now.
I recently purchased a Parasound Halo P-3 preamp to try with my JC-1 monoblocks and to compare with my P/LD-2000 preamp.
NO CONTEST:
The Parasound P/LD-2000 blew away the Halo P-3!
The Halo P-3 sounds thin and lacking in bass and dynamics compared to the P/LD-2000.The P/LD-2000 is warmer and has more body to the sound.The imaging is also wider and deeper.
The only areas where the Halo P-3 may sound slightly better is in the presence region of the midrange, and the top-end.
The P-3 has a more forward presentation to vocals, alittle cleaner vocal resolution, and sounds slightly more extended on top than the 2000. Otherwise the P/LD-2000 is superior in every other respect. Maybe it has something to do with the P/LD-2000's dual-mono, all discrete circuit design and massive 92,000 Uf power supply filter bank, compared to the P-3's large use of ICs and much smaller power supply?
The P-3 looks much better than the P/LD-2000! The P-3 is a sleek, sexy design. Very nice! But ultimately sound quality is what counts to me, and the 2000 is superior!
Thanks for the great information. I was looking to possibly swap out my 2000 (which I use with JC-1's as well) with the P-3. Glad I came across your post.

thanks, !!
The PLD 2000 also benefits greatly from component upgrades as do all the parasound amps and pres...