Parasound JC-1 - How old is too old?

A local shop has a pair of JC-1s in on trade that I am considering. They are still checking with Parasound to determine when they were produced, but I'd like to hear from JC-1 owners (current or in the past) about their experience with these amps regarding long-term reliability. If anyone has re-capped their JC-1s, how old were they, and how much did it cost? Thanks for the help. 
128x128jaytor
Thanks for all the replies. Makes me feel a bit more comfortable buying an older unit. 
Well, I went down to the dealer this morning to check out the amps, and one of them had stopped working just before I got there. The amps were produced in 2007. This convinced me that I really didn't want to deal with an older amp again. 

I mentioned to the dealer that I was also interested in the JC-5, and he offered me a good discount on a brand new one. So I went for it. Should have the amp by the end of this coming week.
i used to have th JC-1s, great amp, with tons of power.

i would not be too worried about dried out caps. the factory installed some pretty good caps, even on the earliest units would likely still be good, but if you want to put concern to rest, meas the ESR and cap values on each. that will tell you for sure if you are good