Parasound CD-1

I know this is a recent release but has anyone heard this yet?
It sounds like a poor mans (comparatively speaking: $14,000 vs. $4,500) Laufer Memory player. It reads until it's correct and not a pS sooner, playing from a memory buffer. It's Linux based Intel chip is devoted to music only. And its VCXO clock can go <1pS though it measures at <6pS. Femto clocks come in at 0.140pS so that's not too shabby for a CDP.

I've always wished for someone to combine the best of a CDP with a PC and maybe Parasound has pulled it off. Hopefully others will follow and prices should come down in a couple of years.

All the best,
Nonoise
128x128nonoise
@ Nonoise, Hi again, It seems that I forgot to ask you more questions, On another thread, you liked the marantz sound, How does the Parasound Halo cd-1 sound stack up to your exsperience with marantz?, cheers.
Well I have I had marantz and now parasound cd1 on loan from a friend. I have it today again and it is smooth but it's still has enough dynamics. It increased the soundstage. It's a little deeper and wider. It has separation without being analytical. I have vienna acoustics speakers Beethoven se. I have a classe cp800 ca 2200. I have one romance 2 ic from fusion audio. I have one nordost Tyr ic with fusion audio 2 romance power cords. Have a system with great density and enough dynamics. It has great balance. The parasound comes in and cleans the digital edge off the CDs. It only plays CDs. No dac etc. Is it a one trick pony? Yes. But it does it does the one trick really well on differently recorded CDs very well.
I have the unit for a while , I had it modified to improve its performance , mainly power supply and better USB inner connecting cable , to be frank , you can say it "top" within its asking price , but not to be compared with my MPS-5 , not even closed to my Burmester 069 . Of course , given the price difference , it should be .

Heys guys, sorry to not posted sooner but I've not heard it yet. I'm sorry if my last post gave the impression that I had and thanks for thinking my impressions would amount to something :-)

All the best,
Nonoise