Paradigm Reference Studio vs. B&W N804

How would you compare Paradigm Reference Studio 100 V.2 with B&W N 804 for music (wide variety)and HT. Associated equiepment is Sony NS 777 ES SACD, Bryston SP-1 and Anthem MCA-50.
maril555

Showing 1 response by aball

I agree 100% with Bulldogger, and actually, I bought Paradigm 100.2 to replace N804s. I liked the 804s and they certainly looked very good but the brightness just ended up getting to me. Their soundstage was a little constricted too. When I auditioned the 100.2s, they were mated to a top-of-the-line Onkyo reciever and sounded surprisingly good. However, it is not until I hooked up my McIntoshes to them and burned them in that I realized these are really fantastic speakers and worth a lot more than their price. I sold the N804s and have not regretted it one bit.

The Paradigm have a relaxed presentation, warm and airy, that just glides out into the room with a remarkable effortlessness. The soundstage is very deep and wide with an image stability that is rock solid. They sound very coherent too, keeping each musical layer distinct and yet harmonious. A generally much nicer experience than the B&Ws. I love my Paradigms. Anyway, that's my experience. Arthur