Paradigm 3f vs 120h

Hi all,

I've got a pair of prestige 75f which I love but looking for a speaker that fills my 18x22 foot room a bit more. I'm considering the persona 3f but am intrigued by the new founder 120h, which is about the same price.  Has anyone compared the two?

average_joe

Showing 2 responses by sandstone

Hi Joe,

I own the Persona 3F's and have listened to the Founder series.  Without elaborating, the basic differences I noticed are that the Personas  impress with their presence, uniform response, soundstage and imaging.  But the Founders were close and also give you great bass integration and response with active room correction built in.

It also depends largely upon the rest of your system.  But if you love your Prestige 75F, imo it's likely that the Founder 120H will work well for you.  Any chance that you can audition these yourself?

@yyzsantabarbara ,

You have some great source and amp gear that should allow the Personas  to shine.  But given your amplification and smaller room size, with the much more efficient Personas, you may end up playing at lower volume settings than usual.  Not a problem if Krell sounds good at lower vols, but something to be aware of.  

In a 16 x 24 ft room (more similar to OP's room) and an Ayre Acoustics AX-5 TWENTY,  the Persona 3F's have space to open up and yet still can provide plenty of compression. I can get  to a max reasonable volume with the Ayre set at only about 25%.  

Another factor is the Persona's rather wide dispersion profiles for midrange and highs.  Its's uncanny, but my  " sweetspot" ended up being broad and pronounced.

Hope it works out for you and @average_joe .