Pacific Audio Fest

Any one there? Thoughts on good sounding rooms/gear?

rsf507

Showing 1 response by musicfan2349

I went Friday all day and listened in most of the rooms. Someone pointed out the strange layout of the show but the way the hotel’s wings are set up, I don’t think they had a choice! Once I figured out where the "wings" were it was easy to get around.

Some stand out rooms... Acora was incredible. That those two speakers effortlessly filled the large space with lovely sound and soundstage without even playing all that loud was impressive. Joseph Audio’s Graphene speakers were also nice with a soundstage with no apparent "sweet spot" that tied you to one place in the room. Linkwitz, while having an unconventional appearance had great detail and deep stage. Lacked a bit on the bottom end though that might have been the room. The LTA room was awesome as I sat for several tracks. However the best value of the show for me was in the Venatoo exhibit. Their little speakers are real giant killers and if you’re looking to dip a toe into audio, or building an office system, you simply cannot go wrong here. I liked ’em so much, I’m buying a pair. I finally listened to several sets of Audeze headphones. I like that you can select a type of sound depending on the model you chose. A bit heavy though. Focal headphones were also good with a broad sound and deep bass.

I think the show overall was fun. Keep sticking to audio and let someone else handle the video. Could use some more vinyl vendors though I understand the logistics of transporting cases of heavy product only to take most of it home.

Good time and informative all in all.

Happy listening.