Owners of speakers by obscure companies chime in

Recently I discovered that there is a cottage industry out there producing some great speakers. Then I posted asking who are these companies and what speakers are they churning out. I was surprised at how many names popped up that I never heard of before. This time around we would like to hear from the owners and their experiences.
One last note, I beleive most of us realize how fortunate for us to have such a variety to choose from, only thing we need to figure out is how do we get to hear them?
Thanks in advance.
pedrillo
If Zu is still obscure, I'll recommend you investigate their products. It would be fair to say they act obscure.
I'll ad Sonist to the list. i have a pair of Concerto2 that are just fantastic with my 5 watt amps! Heard them at THE SHOW in Las Vegas.
I own and run Lucidity Audio and apparently decided to go public at a bad time considering the market plunge and all but this started for me as a hobby because I just couldn't find a speaker I liked in my price range and decided to build.
7 years later I was selling them to friends and giving pairs to family members for birthdays ect..
My website is in the works and I have 4 models available right now and have 2 more in the works. All of my speakers are build to order and I usually have a demo set available to listen to and if not I'll snag one from my brothers for you to hear :) Word of mouth is a big advertiser for me and getting a demo might not be easy because I'm in Tucson AZ and we seem to have less audiophiles here than most large cities.
I do all demos I can in the perspective buyers house so they don't have to worry about the room differences affecting the sound. Look me up in a couple of weeks at www.lucidityaudio.com and have a look around.

If you would like a demo just let me know
lucidityaudio@cox.net

Jason
Zu is hardly obscure.

Their ads/reviews are in all the mags and websites. Furthermore, they do shows all over the world on a regular basis.

Hardly the acts of an obscure company. Maybe the owners are a bit reticent after reading all of the cheerleading posted by a few forum contributors.

You'll see them here and elsewhere incessantly waving the Zu flag.

Dealer disclaimer.
Zu surely is an obscure company. A few others I'd like to suggest are B&W, Focal, Thiel, Vandersteen, and Wilson.

Kind of ironic that a company named Focal makes speakers, isn't it? I would have figured they made binoculars. And, this Wilson company supposedly makes a speaker called the WATT/Puppy, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure it can achieve any commercial success or notoriety, but, hey, who knows? People do like puppies, don't they? Oh, and B&W; be careful to not confuse them with BMW, a company who build cars (you know, like those things we drive) as sometimes, people speak quickly, and they sound alike. Remember, B&W makes speakers, BMW makes cars. I know, I know, it's all so confusing...

Seriously, I'd like to nominate the speaker a good friend of mine, Vytas Viesulas, makes - Rex Speakers http://www.rexspeakers.com/ I partnered with Vytas at CES2008. Lots of interesting and unique technology in them - round construction former tubes sprayed with a type of indestructible truck bedliner, MTM alignment using series crossovers, woofers operating in opposing fashion (hence, the "boxer" terminology) in the top and bottom plates of the speakers powered by an outboard BASH amplifier, and weighing in at just 35 pounds. No professional relationship between us, again, we're just close friends.

As Dodgealum states, Daedalus are some really nice sounding speakers. Lou is a true gentleman as well.