Owners of a Conrad-Johnson MF-2550se Power Amp - Please post your thoughts

I just purchased a CJ MF-2550se and am burning it in at the moment. About 80 hours on it. I would like to hear from owners of this amp about how they feel about it and what other components & speakers it is connected to incl. power cords, etc. Thank You!
routeman21
Bought mine a year ago (not the SE model). I use CJ Classic 2 pre amp. Very happy with the 2550. The depth of the lower mids & bass are intoxicating! When I want to enjoy CJ tube I switch over to a Classic 60SE - another thing of beauty!
Certainly nothing wrong w/ a tubed pre-amp and solid state power amp (my fave combo for Rock, Metal, Pop and Jazz music).
Solid state gets both electric guitar and electric bass music "right" and better than a tubed power amp.
Generally a tuber for the more euphonic kind of distortion. PL's been a better bargain. 
Thanks tamule1. I have a Vinnie Rossi Lio with 2 tubes in it but the tubes don't soften up voices & guitars. What is it about the Primaluna Prologue that you prefer over the CJ 2550se? Do you just prefer tubes generally over SS? I'm skeptical about getting a tube amp only because SS just gets bass so right for me although tubes do take that sibilant edge off of voice & ringing guitar.
2550SE . Ebay buyer had it repaired . Don't know what was fixed . Had it 1-2 yrs.

tamule1,

Was your CJ the original 2550 or 2550se? How many years did you own it before it died? What went bad? Thanks!

From everything that I've read, it's supposed to be a great all-around amp, if not the boldest. Everyone agrees that there is a painfully long break0in time because of the Teflon capacitors. I would be happy to have one, because I remember its solid state cj predecessors, and those amps sounded beautiful. This should certainly be an improvement, which would make it a great amp.
Sold mine as is after it died . Happier with sound of my PL Prologue Premium integrated.  I had the ET3-se with that amp . The high gain and short tube life was a PITA.  A good pre-amp with that amp could get fine sound for you SS guys .