Owens Corning 703 vs. Roxul Safe 'n' Sound?

I'm going to make some sound absorbing panels to place on the wall behind my listening chair. Owens Corning 703 and Roxul Safe 'n' Sound rigid boards are two choices to make them with. Anyone have experience with both, or even one?
128x128bdp24

Showing 7 responses by bradf

Hi Eric
Thought I would pass this along, in case you had not already seen it
They off prefab and DIY in different sizes and 3 different absorption materials and different fabrics and colors
I think the prices are very reasonable.

Brad 
Eric
I got a shipping quote of $28.95 for 2 ea DMD Mesh Fabric 2'X4'X2" panels to 97223 via Fed Ex ground.  I'm not sure why the difference in cost, but I do remember being quoted a price for the larger panels nearly as much as the panel cost.
There shouldn't be much of a difference in shipping cost between you and myself, being I am in Portland.

Also, Check out Artichoke Records on Hawthorn Blvd, next time you have time on your hands in PDX. There's also a couple of smaller record stores near by, like Jack Pot Records. Artichoke is much larger then Music Millennium. It's kind of a large flee market for sellers. Probably somewhere near 20 or so sellers have there own assigned area and shelving that they sell from, all sorts of stuff. There's some very collectable records behind the counter and in glass case's. For example
last time I was there they had a Mono copy of CSNY De ja vu.

Also Robert Cray at the Aladdin Theater this coming Saturday, $45.00 for a ticket, Doors at 7PM.  Make a day of it do some record shopping and go to the show/concert. Very Good SQ at this venue, 620 seats. Area in front of stage for standing.

I am going to Billy Crystal on Friday, but I will catch up with you at one of your shows in the bear future.  What is the name of your band?
All whom I like.  I will be keeping an ear out for your band. I will let you know when I figure something out via PM
By the way David Crosby will be at the Aladdin May 2nd (cheap tickets)
Also you may be interested in Keefer Sutherland  (yes the actor) Saturday May 6th. He just released an LP; Down In A Hole, Check it out on Spotify. The Show is at Mississippi Studios, another great venue
great venue being its a studio. some balcony seats but mostly lower floor standing room. I don't remember the occupancy, maybe 350.
Also Ryan Adams @ Edgefield June 29th. All general admission seats on the lawn. Around $47.00 (tickets remain, wouldn't wait too long) Go to:
http://edgefieldconcerts.com/events/ryan-adams-band/
Black Joe Lewis is playing there (Mississippi Studios) soon.

I would like to see Vintage Trouble. Wish they would get back from Europe and do a string on the west coast.