Overkill for small room

Hello all - long time lurker, first time poster. I've enjoyed reading so many of these posts, and I feel like I'm learning so much from you guys. Thank you for that.

I am strongly considering a pair of Dynaudio 20i - I am aware they require serious amplification - but I suspect that they'll be too much for a small room

Room specs: (11 wide by 14 long, normal ceiling height with acoustical tile, carpet tile covering one entire wall, wall-to-wall carpet on top of cement slab, no basement).

Am I nuts? 

Thank you in advance.

letshearit
Post removed 

Here is a good explanation of damping factor

https://us.kef.com/blogs/news/damping-factor-explained#:~:text=Damping%20factor%20is%20a%20specification,quick%20tutorial%20is%20in%20order.

It is a combination of the amp and speaker and it applies regardless of woofer size. I believe you have the correct general understanding.  I’m no expert on it though. Others here might have better insight.  

Those speakers will be fine in your room. But you will need a beefy amplifier to drive these. They are rated as 86dB and 4 ohms, Ouch!. An amp tat can deliver high currents should drive these comfortably.

@letshearit  I also have a room about that same size with a pair of Sonus Faber floor standers. I’ve found moving them well into the room and about 8’ apart solves wall reflections and some nasty bass nodes. I guess you would call it near field listening. My amp is a 140watt PC tube amp. The carpeted room sounds pretty fantastic. I don’t know the speakers but if you have room to play with positioning then I imagine even a larger speaker would fair well. Anyway…I hope so as I’m considering a size upgrade. Depends on this years taxes…! Good luck…!

@OP. You have plenty of space in a room that size to optimally position those speakers. They don't go particularly low in the bass either - which is a good thing in this case. Because this is essentially an American forum the way people evaluate room size is somewhat distorted. You room is not particularly small by European of Asian standards.