Over loading?

Hello, I have 2 Parasound amps total combind 360amps peak on 1 15 amp dedicated line. Is this to much for this one outlet?
 Thanks in advance.
128x128danmar123

Showing 9 responses by danmar123

I guess I'll just leave it for now, in the event I trip the breaker then I'll change it, or add anther line. Thanks 
My 5250 says - Current Capacity 45 amps peak per channel, x5.
The 2003 says - Current Capacity 60 amperes peak, per channel, x3.
Correction. 405 total.
So the 5250 =  250 watts x 5, 8 Ω / 385 watts x 5, 4 Ω.
The 2003 =  200 watts RMS x 3, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω, all channels driven  300 watts RMS x 3, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 4 Ω, all channels driven.
So which do I go by? 8 or 4 ohm?
I (personally) ran 8/3 from my main, on a 60 amp breaker at a length of 20’ to my subpanel. Now, if the 12/2 from the subpanel to the outlets are nor more then 3’ per outlet x3. This is why I’m asking; I don’t want to harm my amps.

Mark, why is it weird, 12g wire is fine for 15 amps. When doing lighting, 14 is code, outlets get 12g. If you read the entire post, I wanted to segregate my tube amp & power conditioner, which now share a 15amp socket & breaker.
Thanks hifiman. I’m running B&W s. x9 & I haven’t tipped the breaker "15 amp". I can change the breaker to a 20 amp. It’s 12/2 romex, or I can run another line. I originally had them on their own 15 amp breaker, but moved 1 amp so not to share with my Prima Luna HP & now added Isotek conditioner. Their only used for AV. Did I make myself clear? (no pun intended)
jea;  I never, tripped the breaker, just don't want to put a strain on my amps.  Like I wrote earlier, is that there’s 12/2 romex to a 15 amp rec. which is fine. I’m sure I can still change the breaker to 20 amps with 12/2, which should be code, & leave the 15 amp rec.. This is for my AV, I don’t think I use 1/4 of the max of power when watching a movie. Now when listening to music, sometimes I just jam. Different system. Thanks for you response!
I stand corrected, the wire is #-6/3 into a 2 pole 60 breaker. Thanks for clearing that up.

jea48;
" I assume the two amplifiers are fed from each Line, leg, to neutral.
Only the unbalanced load returns on the feeder neutral conductor to the source.

Subpanel EGC (Equipment Grounding Conductor) shall be part of the feeder wiring connected to the equipment ground bar in the main electrical panel. Feeder EGC connected to a separate ground bar bolted, bonded, to the metal enclosure of the subpanel.

Neutral bar in subpanel left insulated from the metal panel enclosure.
(Green color main bonding jumper screw not installed)"
I don't remember, I'll look in the morning.