Outstanding 300b's for Push-Pull Amp?

I'd like to see if I can improve on the Golden Dragon 300b tubes that came stock with my amp. I've read as many reviews and comparisons as I could find and based on those, was just about to order the Shuguang Treasure 300B-Z tubes. But a couple of last minute phone calls threw a monkey wrench in my plan. I was advised that if the comparisons were conducted using SET amplifiers, much of what I was reading would not be applicable for my push-pull amp. If anyone can recommend 300b tubes for a push-pull application, I would very much appreciate hearing them. Thanks
phaelon

Showing 2 responses by phaelon

Hi Charles1dad,
That was my initial thought too. A tech and amp builder tried to explain the difference to me but the explanation pretty much went over my head. It had something to do with linearity and the different demand a push-pull circuit puts on a tube relative to an SET. Thank you for responding. This is the part of tubes that I don't like...but it's the only part.
Hi Latinsamba1, I stopped considering the Sophias because there was talk of them being rebranded. I took a new look and they do sound interesting. Thank you.