Ortofon MC A90 cartridge

I have had this cartridge for just over a month now and WOW.

The A90 IMO is as pure a cartridge that I have ever heard.

If you like your system you will absolutely luv this cartridge.

Thanks Mike L for giving me the tip - revealing and musical- absolutely. ruthless - never

Anyone else got one?

cheers
downunder
Mike&Ldvale, There are 3 Reed 'series': Reed L, Reed L 2A
and Reed L 2P. I owned Reed L but bought also Reed L 2 A (12"). A perfect combo with my Phase Tech P-3G. BTW one very underrated cart. Despite the producer description I think that they have different eff. mass. I.e. my Reed L was 17 gr.; the Reed 2A is 29 gr.
Are you using 'the' Reed L or some of the other 'versions'?

Regards,
Dear Nandric.
I use the Reed with ZYX airy3 . this combo sound great .
Cheers
ldvalve
http://www.turntables.lt/features.html#Tonearm_Reed2A
According to this website the Reed 2A (12") has an effective mass of 16 gr.
Montepilot,quod erat demonstrandum: the 'series' 2A and 2P
have different 'headshell' with Azimuth adjustment (= more
weight). Besides there are 6 different wood-kinds for the
Armwand implicating diff. mass. I emailed to Vidmantas from
'turntables.lt' to revise the 'futures' because this info is very important for the choice of the 'armkind' as well as the woodkind.
Ldvalve,Glad to hear that you are happy with your combo. I
assume that your answer is implicated 'in' your cart. I.e.
Reed L and not 2A or 2P. BTW I prefer my combo Reed 2A +
Phase Tech P-3G above my other combo: Trplanar VII + Benz
Ruby 3s.
Regards,
further impressions of the Technics SP-10 Mk3--Reed 'L' 12" with the A90......as compared to the Garrard--Triplaner--A90. about 6-7 hours. dialed in more, running 2.27 grams and slightly up in the rear.

the Technics/Reed has a wonderful tonality, energy and spaciousness that the Garrard cannot match (although the Garrard-Triplaner is no slouch in these areas). as i mentioned, the music has a tension and sense of live-ness that leaps from the grooves. unlike the Garrard-Triplaner, there is no 'added' rounded pulse to the bass, but the bass is quite a bit more impactful and has more 'pop' and 'jump'. the noise floor is lower and so there is more detail and ambient retreival.

the Garrard still has it's own sexiness which is different; but i think the Garrard with a Reed/A90 might be quite the deal.....adding the greater tonality and spaciousness of the Reed (or is that the Technics?) to the Garrard attributes.

i wonder how much difference Steve Dobbin's new platter for the Garrard might make in this comparison?

not to be missed; the growl of a cello on the Technics-Reed-A90. i'm listening to a DG Mozart string quartet as i type and the tonality is wonderful. sweet, vibrant, and almost glowing. the cello really resonates and decays like it's in the room.