Oracle CDP 2000 vs 1000

hi,

I'm looking some help. Is someone could give me some details about CDP 2000 vs CDP 1000
I've listen the 1000 at the home of a friend of mine, but where I live ( Out of US ) I can't try a CDP 2000.

could u explain me what differences are, and improvement between both ?

ths mates

L
laurentd
I'm sure the system used was probably all thier own products. Lynn doesn't return emails very quickly and the company takes vacation a few times a year.
The 6moons reviewer qouted Lynn as saying that they differ only in the suspension. Since you since in Canada, it'd be more easier for you to contact the company.
Tab110, I would not go by what the 6moons reveiwer (Ken) said fistly he obviously prefers the looks of 1000 over the 2500 and has not even evaluated the two, please.

Secondly he actually never even had a 2000, he had a 2500. Some of these reviewers are so in their own world and I personally don't rely on their reviews. Even his system set-up, please.

Prior to me actually getting the 2000 I asked questions about the two, what I was told was that the electronics are very "similar" not the same but when it comes to design they are totally different and in a resolving system the 2000 will sound different and be superior.

Refer back to Audiofiel's thread, even though he is a dealer he has made a accurate statement when he said;

"That's not quite true. The CD-2000 has a much more sophisticated and innovative suspension system than the CD-1000. In a highly resolving system, the superiority of the CD-2000 is quite apparent."

Tab110, I had the Oracle 2500 player prior to getting the 2000 transport and have to say I prefered the Accustic Arts combo. When I initially received the Oracle 2000 I did not open it up right away, it sat unopened for some three hours mainly due to my findings of the 2500 but then I reminded myself that it was a transport and would be hooked-up via with my Accustic Arts dac. I sure am happy I did because from the first cd and first note I heard I have been impressed, the best I have had in my system period. Also I want you to know that my 2000 is the most current model so if you have an older one changes have been made, mainly the lazer.

Also I did not not even take Oracles own word and got a 1000 to compare for my self, the 2000 is better period and does not sound the same.

Dear Sir,
My name is Lynn from Oracle Audio Technologies.Please send me an email to: lynn@oracle-audio.com and I usually reply to all of my emails within 24 hours.Or you can reach me at 819-864-0480 . It will be a pleasure to talk with you.
Please note that the CD 2000 -2500 and the CD 1000-1500 have the very same electronics, very same circuitry and the same CD laser drive mechanism, the Philips CD PRO II.
Please let me know if you need more assistance. You can always visit our website at : www.oracle-audio.com. Please let me know where you are located and it will be my pleasure to direct you to one of our distributors. Thank you for your interest. Lynn
Manufacturer rep. great, I have allot of questions Lynn;

#1 Firstly what are your qualifications?

You mention in your thread above the CD 2000 - 2500 and the CD 1000-1500 have very same electronics.

#2 Does "very same" mean identical?

#3 The 2000 is a transport and the 2500 is a player so how can they be the same and the same goes for the CD 1000-1500?

#4 Have there been any modifications made to any of the units you speak of?

#5 Are there sound differences between the pieces.

#6 There was some mention that you said that the 1000 sounds the same as the 2000, is this correct?

#7 If so what did the system consist of, speakers, amps etc. and how did you do this evaluation.

I am a proud owner of the 2000 and using it with the Accustic Arts Dac MK4 connected via Stealth Sextet digital.

I personally had a 2500 in my system and I prefer the Accustic Arts combo using the Accustic Arts Drive MK2 over it.

I almost did not try the 2000 because of my experience with the 2500 but realized the 2000 is a transport which I was looking to match up with my Accustic Arts Dac so I decided to try it. I am happy that I did because the improvement was what I was looking for, I preferred this combo (Oracle 2000 and Accustic Arts dac MK4)

I also had a 1000 and tried it in my system, the difference between the 1000 and 2000 was dramatic in my system, I preferred the 2000.

It would seem very senseless to offer the 2000 which is substantially more expensive than the 1000 if they sounded identical, they are both transports and both need a dac.
05-08-07: Dev
Manufacturer rep. great, I have allot of questions Lynn;
#1 Firstly what are your qualifications?

Well she's the owner. Perhaps a better question is what are YOUR qualifications?
LOL

Money can always buy great equipment but it can never buy good listening skills.