Oppo UDP - 205

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/
unsound
Getting my new 205 next week.... would like current recommendations for an external dac between 2-2.5k new or used that you have lived with for a while using the OPPO as a transport ... also please recommend cable used from OPPO to DAC . Thanking all in advance 
Getting my new 205 next week.... would like current recommendations for an external dac between 2-2.5k new or used that you have lived with for a while using the OPPO as a transport ... also please recommend cable used from OPPO to DAC . Thanking all in advance

Oppo UDP-205 > Belden 1694A (Canare RCAPs) > Schiit Yggdrasil
Ozzy,

Any tricks to installing the Oppomod LPM SE in the 205.  Anything that’s irreversible? Still liking it?  Considering ordering one bit on the fence.  

Thanks,

Rich
Anyone else who has installed the LPM or LPM SE from OPPO Mod in the 205 care to chime in on any tips or tricky areas for installing?  

Considering this, but not super handy and would prefer it to be reversible if, by chance, I don’t like it. 

Thanks 
rstone.

The LPM SE for the 205 is fairly easy if your not afraid of taking it apart. There are a lot of screws to take out.
 Perhaps take pictures before and as you disassemble.
But, it is basically a direct drop in for the Oppo board and can be easily reversed if you want to sell it. Upgrade the fuse while your in there with a SR Blue fuse.

It takes a while for the new breakin of the caps and such but I think it is well worth the cost and time. 

ozzy