Oppo BDP-105D and Amazon Music?

I was given an Oppo BDP-105D. I currently use it for CD playback and for playing my music server through its DAC.

I do not use any of its home theater functions.

I hooked it up to my router via ethernet but it does not appear to support Amazon Music which is what I subscribe to.

I can play Amazon Music through it via Apple TV (optical out) which works fine but I have always been told that Apple TV is not ideal for music SQ.

So my question is this: If I got an Amazon FireStick and plugged it into the Oppo would that allow me to listen to Amazon Music via the Oppo? I'm assuming it would since it works via Apple TV..........so I guess the real question is would the SQ via FireStick be any better than SQ via Apple TV?

Sorry about the dumb questions. Any advice much appreciated.

George
n80
Here’s my $0.02 --- it’s purely my opinion only.

Why would anybody gave away an audio equipment (for free)?

It’s like one of my Wall Street friends who is totally clueless / tone-deaf, always suckered during audio/AV shows to buy overpriced stuff. But he doesn’t not want to sound wasteful nor stupid, so he always, generously give away his audio gears to me. So I owe him favors apparently, while I am the one helping him to put his stuff to trash (literally).

You get the idea?

Congrats if this particular Oppo unit of yours plays music to your ears. Not many of us are as lucky as you to get a decent sound out of it. Just manage (limit) your expectation accordingly if you want to get more out of it.

I inherited the unit. The previous owner passed away.

No need to manage expectations, it is a better CD player than anything I've owned other that an Arcam (that no longer works) and the Oppo, to me, sounds just as good if not better.
Post removed