Oppo 105 in place of pre/pro

Can I use the Oppo in place of my pre/pro for H/T ? I would use my current 2 channel setup for music .

Thank You
saki70
saki70
I tried using my 103. The sound was ok however, the added gain and better switching from a pre amp helped a lot. I still use the analogue outputs from the 103 and video through HDMI. The internal source switching on the Oppo is not as easy as with my Emotiva. Also, the volume on the Emotiva is much more responsive and seems to sound better than the digital volume from the Oppo.
Try it and see for yourself...
Right. I was not recommending this use, merely saying that it was possible. Its major advantage is cost and that applies to 103 and 105 (and 103D and 105D).
Send your request to Oppo contact on there site, they have extremely good service. They send me some answered that I had, the same day and it was Christmas day….
A number of posters at the 105 owners' thread at AVS recommend eliminating a processor from the audio chain, and going directly from an Oppo 95 or 105 to amps. One claim is that the superior analog section of the 95 and 105 compared to the 93 and 103 also results in finer volume control. I take the analog stereo of a 95 directly to amps with good results. I take the analog stereo of a 105 through an analog stereo preamp set to unity gain and the surrounds and SW directly to amps. The preamp is needed because it is shared with a Sony 5400ES and phono stage.

db