OPINIONS REGARDING DYNAVECTOR DV20X2-H/L

Looking for a new cartridge to replace my current Sumiko moving coil. My turntable is the Prime Scout by VPI. The Dynavector cartridge was recommended to me model # DV20X2-H/L. It comes in 2 variations, one high output and one low output depending on your particular set up. Is anybody familiar with this cartridge? I believe the retail is $1250.00 which fits by proposed budget. Would not be adverse to spending a little more if there is another cartridge that would be substantially better.  Thank you.

128x128kjl1065

I have DV20x L which I have used in rotation with other cartridges which have included a Clearaudio Maestro, a high output MC; a Sumiko Blue Point no.2, a high output MC; and other comparable and higher end carts. 

Bottom line: I love the dynamic, forward sound of the Dynavector.  Some carts may have a little more detail and air but the Dynavector, for me, is surprisingly involving because of it's strong sound.  I prefer a low output MC mated to a SUT instead of high output.  I found the DV20x L a great cartridge.  If the DV20x2 L is better, then I'm confident it would be quite satisfying.  

I don't have a lot of experience with cartridges but the DV20x2L was my first MC cartridge and it convinced me to get into vinyl. I can't compare it with others except to say that it gave me that "wow" experience with vinyl almost giving up on the idea of playing vinyl. 

VPI usere here.

If you can up the budget a little more-Audio Techinica ART9.

https://www.lpgear.com/product/ATART9XI.html

Needs around 60db's of phono stage gain.

Search the archives to see how popular it is.

You will hear a lively, dynamic presentation and get an idea of what the $uper carts do-assuming  you have a competent phono stage.