Opinions on Glass Shelves

I am thinking about buying a new audio rack. When I tap on the shelf below the shelf on which my turntable sits while the needle is on an LP at rest, I can hear the a slight echo in my speakers.

I’ve looked into various audio racks including some from Billy Bags. The salesperson at Billy Bags told me that their ¾” cracked glass was sound-deadening and would provide excellent sound isolation. To me this is counterintuitive.

Has anyone had any experience with cracked glass from Billy Bags?

Has anyone had any experience with glass shelves in general?
josephdtorres
Cracked glass is a three piece laminate; there is no ringing effect which is the case with regular glass- rap your knuckle on ¾” plate then do the same with cracked glass- it is not just cosmetic- It is acoustically dead.

Billy Bags Designs
Thanks for posting, Jmstogo! Can you give us a brief description of what the laminates look like and/or the process to make these shelves? I'm not looking for secrets, just trying to get a mental image of these shelves.
Jean from Billy Bags sent me samples of the cracked glass. When you rap on it, it does not ring or sound like cracked glass just as I was told. It sounds very close to a hard synthetic material like Corian or acrylic. In fact after rapping on it, I had to study the cracked glass carefully to make sure it really was glass.

I’m not sure what that will mean in a system, but the glass itself is very gook looking.