Opinions on Aragon 4004MKII?

I know this is not state of the art and all but how do folks feel about this amps quality and performance, your thoughts would be great.
I use this amp for mids and tweets in a bi-amp set-up and am curious of its signature vs other similar priced used amps in this power and price range, say Classe, Parasound and others.......thanks as always.
chadnliz

Showing 2 responses by phd

Excellent sounding amp, very tough or near impossible to beat at its price point!
Chadnliz, I own both the Aragon 4004 MK II and the 2004 MK II. I loaned the 4004 to a friend who now wants to buy it and kept the 2004 because I don't need the power the 4004 offers. My speakers are horn loaded, are rated at 110db so the potent 100 watts per channel offered by the 2004 is more than enough power. Either amp is great.

The Aragon power amps are more refined & are superior in soundstaging capabilities compared to Parasound. I believe the Classe amps will sound warmer than Aragon and are considered very good. If you like the Krell sound, you will like Aragon.