Opinions - Best Sound at T.H.E. Newport 2013 Show?

So far I haven't seen a lot of commentary posted about last weekend's Newport show. I am interested in what anyone else thought was the best sounding room or most interesting product.

I was not impressed by most of the sound or products at this years show. I know that I'm generalizing, but I found the sound in most rooms to be mediocre at best. The rooms that were using room correction seemed to sound better, for the most part.

In my opinion, the best sound by far was in the EARO room. They had a rather simple setup, using Dirac room correction software. I thought that the sound from the 5" driver "Ulf" speakers was nothing short of amazing. I am seriously considering ordering a pair of these for my living room - if the sound as good as they did at the show I will be a happy camper.

I also enjoyed the sound in the SimpliFi room with the Klangwerk speakers. They were using their own DSPeaker correction hardware device.

Finally, I thought that the dc10Audio Berlin speakers were very interesting. I would like to hear them again, since the setup was less than optimal and the largish room was noisy, but the warm, lush horn sound was very different from the audio pablum produced in most of the other rooms.

Any other opinions?
bodotes
Prana fifty90 speaker. I've mentioned on another post that if I had the money, they'd be my next speaker. Two MA Recording CDs that I got from that room sounded great on my system. The difference with the Pranas was that the immediacy of the presentation made it seem like I was in the venue. I could have stayed there for hours. I don't know how the electronics played a part with all of this so I'd need another listen under different circumstances to be sure but there was something going on in that room that no other room had going for it.

All the best,
Nonoise
I agree with the OP - I thought that the Earo room was simply marvelous and sublime. The Ulf speakers sounded great, and the new "Wally" wall-mount units sounded much better than I was expecting. The Dirac room correction made a huge difference, so much that I wonder why we aren't all using room correction software or devices?

The little Vanatoo speakers were cute, and sunded much better than their size and price point would suggest, IMO.

*Disclaimer - I have worked with Earo in the past.
Did anyone catch the Pioneer room?
If I had those when I began this hobby.....
:-)

All the best,
Nonoise
I thought the 400k Magico setup was a joke. I did like the Magico S-1 with Constellation electronics. I like the guy at Highwater sound. He really loves music and plays great stuff.
You won't hear Diana Krall in his room. Plus his system is vary musical. I think he runs Tron gear from England with a Tw-Turntable from Germany. I can't remember the speakers.

I thought for the money the Kef Ls-50's were the best bargain at the show. At 1500.00 you can't beat it. And they sound great. I also liked the Source Av room. It was a 50k home theater system that kicked ass. (I'm not usually a fan of home theater systems)

In the parking lot Billy Kim formally of L.A. audio was showing a room for home theater. He said it took 2 days to build it in the parking lot. I guess for 20k It's a good deal.